I am sorry that I have to write in English as my German writing simply doesn't exist.
We have bought a piece of bauland in Weggis, Kanton Luzern in 2007. After almost 18 months we finally got our build permit issued from Germinde Weggis and ready to start the actual build.
Our problem now is that we have a budget of 850k for the building cost. This, according to the GU we were talking to, is not nearly enough for a house we are buildling in Weggis. Our hause has 1250 m3, nothing special but two storey house with a wintergarden. The land is on a hill so it is not even. The cost estimate from our GU is over 1 million, without proper Garden, budgeted with 100/ per square meter for the floor (tile or parkett), 30k for the kitchen, 32k for the sanitäre, 32k for Heizung, 32k for electriker, and 250k for the baumeister work.
Here are the list of cost estimations we have from our GU:
Sounds a bit expensive to me. Question, have you already signed a contract with the GU? Because if you haven't I suggest you look for an Architekt and try to build trough him. If you have already signed then I suggest you sit down with him and try to negotiate.
No I have not signed contract yet, only that there is a fee of 1'200 for doing the cost estimation.
I did have an architect from Weggis, who did the initial desgin & bau permit application for us. He also did a rough estimation of the cost which is similar to that of the GU's.
"budgeted with 100/ per square meter for the floor (tile or parkett), 30k for the kitchen, 32k for the sanitäre, 32k for Heizung, 32k for electriker, and 250k for the baumeister work"
Vorbereitungsarbeiten is for Baugrubenabschlüsse (70'000) and Baugrubenaushub (30'000).
"Umgebung 25'000"
this is a little bit low. für Hanglage!
This is only for doing the drive way in front of the garage and the surrounding area, not the whole gardening. GU originally budgeted 45'000 for the whole thing.
Gebaude costs about 640 per cubic meter. I'd like to bring it down (I saw people building with 550 per m3). Apart from the obvious things like Kitchen, Sanitär etc what else can one cut the cost ?
Gebaude costs about 640 per cubic meter. I'd like to bring it down (I saw people building with 550 per m3). Apart from the obvious things like Kitchen, Sanitär etc what else can one cut the cost ?
1. Get the compition playing! Ask also other companies/GU's for bids. Should not be so difficult nowadays.
2. Which things do you really need/which things can be left out the scope?
3. Think about investments which you can install/do later without any problems. For instance, water ion exchanger treatment, central hooving system.
4. Can you influence/reduce the Baunebenkosten? (For example, we installed a rain collection system in the design. Additional invesment cost about 8 kCHF, however the cost for water taxes reduce now with 11 kCHF, saving of intitial investment with 3 kCHF plus less cost for water in future.)